Pages

Monday, October 11

Regency Research: Finding sources in unexpected places

Today I stopped by my grandparents for a quick visit and while I didn't get a chance to pick apart my grandfather, hobby historian that he is, I browsed through his shelves and found at least two books that I added to my wish list via the local library.

Apparently, I gushed like my teenage cousin would over a Hannah Montana movie and am still smiling over my unexpected finds.

ShipThe World Of Jack Aubrey Golden Age of Sail (Golden Age of Transportation)  

I haven't been able to crack them open yet, almost time for my nap before work, but am chomping at the bit to get started.  Don't overlook your family and friends as helpful sources to get you on your research path!
I'm finding instead of focusing on the social customs of a retiring country lady I keep getting drawn to the dirty and dangerous Royal Navy.  I've requested a few books on that subject but until then I think I might watch one of these movies also "purloined" from my grandfather.
Horatio Hornblower: Collector's Edition  Master and Commander - The Far Side of the World (Widescreen Edition) 

*FTC disclosure:  All images are linked to Amazon of which I am an affiliate.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Gripes? Advice?
Do share!

Related Posts with Thumbnails