Pages

Tuesday, November 24

Behind but still going

I've been plugging along this month. My blogs have suffered, my camera ruined and my family, well they just laugh and roll their eyes.  'Oh another thing to do instead of your homework', their eyes tell me.  It would be all worth it (except for my camera being ruined but I'm manfully* holding back tears) if I can make my goal or even better smash through the 50,000 word count and beyond.

Sadly, unless I write 5,000 words a day for the rest of the month I won't see confetti, hear the cheering, have my characters breath a sigh of relief.

Are you nearing your goal?  I've seen so many hit their goal early and kept going.  I'm cheering for you and confetti throwing even if my characters are sighing wistfully.  I find it really inspiring to see others, many with much tighter schedules than mine really put their all into this challenge and win.

That is one thing that keeps me going when I'd otherwise put my notebook (yes, I'm still doing it mostly by hand-about 15,000 of the 20,000 so far) under my bed, in the closet or an empty vase.  Another one is the characters themselves.  They really want their story told even if it is full of errors, cliche's, improbable plot twists and larges gaps that only more research can fill.

If I don't make it to 50,000 I won't have a pity party but be proud at how far I've come... I'm beginning to sound like a Hallmark card aren't I?

So if you are down to the wire or way below it like me, don't give up but "just keep writing, writing, writing"...


*just in case I confused you, I am not a man.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Gripes? Advice?
Do share!

Related Posts with Thumbnails