This month was very unproductive in relation to my NaNo 09 novel. I haven’t made my goal of 500 words 6 days a week yet this month but with school starting yesterday I’ll be counting my articles and that should beef up my word count.
Last week I wrote four days on stories, all short, and three of those days I made my 500 words goal. Yay!
Things that made me happy:
- I wrote four teeny, tiny tales for a friend’s newest family member. In fact, writing about the little princess while she was being born was pretty inspiring.
- I don’t usually write short stories for anyone other than five year olds but two more adult themed came out and surprised me.
Things to improve:
- My grammar!
- I’ve tried to work on my NaNo novel but I cringe whenever I open my notebook.
- Repetition, repetition, repetition.
Questions I’m wondering. Perhaps you know?
- How short can a short story be?
- What do you do when your main characters make you sleepy?
That is all for now. I’ll be working hard… or hardly working.